[mythtv-users] re-record deleted shows

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:29:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

   I've got a couple of shows I'd like to rerecord.  Some cases I'd
like to re-record all episodes, and in other cases I'd like to
re-record a specific episode.  What's the easiest way to start over
with a blank history for a show?  What's the easiest way to re-record
a particular episode?  I'm familiar with phpMyAdmin, so I can get into
the database and make the changes manually (if needed).

Why I need to do this:

1) I think this actually a usability issue - I wanted to start putting
some "quotas" on certain shows so that I wouldn't have 20 episodes
lying around.  So I went into the recording profiles and selected max
episode limits thinking "it will not record if there are X number of
episodes already recorded.  As true as that may be, I didn't realize
it would actually go and delete the existing recordings to meet that
number.  I don't believe it's a very good thing that it would
automatically delete existing recordings, the rule should apply to all
NEW recordings.  For example, if I set any other new setting on the
recording rule (user jobs, start/stop times, transcoding, commercial
flagging, etc)... it would only apply to new recordings.  So anyway,
I'm not sure which ones got deleted and which ones didn't.  So, to fix
it I'll just re-record the series and delete the ones I've already
watched.

2) Every now and then an episode of a given show will be labled
incorrectly.  Not necessarily myth's fault, I understand that.  I'm
usually smart enough to remeber to selected the "delete and re-record
option" for those particular instances, but other times I push buttons
to quickly and it deletes with me knowing that the correct episode
won't record again.  This is due to human error :)

Thanks!
Matt