[mythtv-users] Scheduled Recordings are keyed off of the callsign field

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:18:41 UTC 2006

Howdy,

I went and adjust some of the channel names in mythweb so that they
showed up down the left of mythweb a little different (to save space
more than anything).  The text I changed was the 'callsign' field in
the mythweb > Settings > Channels page.

Anyways, I just noticed that all of my schedules had been cancelled
and immediately realised why, however I don't understand why it is so.
 I thought each channel would have had a unique ID which is what we
would key off so this 'callsign' field can be updated however.

I am sure there is a logical reason for why this has heppened, I am
just hoping someone can explain it to me.  Everything is OK, by going
and updating them back they have come back.  (Although I had to
restart the backend for the changes to take effect, which is why I
didn't pick up the problem sooner).

Cheers,
Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.