[mythtv-users] How much storage do you have for MythTV?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:38:35 UTC 2006

My PVR-150 records at the default 2.1GB/hr.   My TiVo captures the MPEG-2
stream broadcast by the satellite.

Once upon a time,  I had a standalone TiVo with Comcast cable.  It was one
(puts pinky to mouth) MILLION times better than having side by side TVs to
watch concurrent baseball games.

I'd take my Myth box over my SA TiVo anyday.  I'd say the picture quality
difference between those 2 was negligible, but the Myth box has never been
hooked up to anything other than a computer monitor. The Tivo was always
hooked up to a TV (except for 4.25 glorious snowy hours that made Adam
Vinatieri and "The Tuck Rule" household names, when it was hooked up to a
DLP front projector).

All that said,  DirecTiVo PQ = DirecTV PQ > (IMnsHO) Comcast PQ > Comcast
captured by PVR PQ.