[mythtv-users] No /dev/dvb with AVErMedia DVB-T 771's with Ubuntu 5.10

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:39:10 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> As us Aussies say..."You bloody ripper!!!"

And since the email address doesn't really give it away, I am an
aussie too. I live in Sydney, NSW. :)

> Added the dvb-bt8xx module to /etc/modules and it now works straight away.

As I suspected, if the /dev/dvb aint created automatically then not
all the stuff is loaded, sure the kernel can see the card as dmesg
output reported, but not enough driver stuff is loaded to create the
devices.

> My lust for Ubuntu is back.  This is the schizzznittest OS in the
> world. ;)  I just wish I knew what I do now some 7 hours ago :P

I seen your post from work yesterday, and I just didn't have time to
reply. But after seeing it again late lastnight when I got home. Then
seeing the responses, I felt I could get you out of trouble.

Looks like I was right, so all good.

Have fun with Ubuntu :)