[mythtv-users] hd-3000 recording issues while and watching recordings from pvr-500

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Fri Jan 27 21:15:35 UTC 2006

> On 1/27/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:
>> I have a weird problem when i'm watching recordings on my combined frontend/backend. If I'm
watching tv on or even a recording from my pvr-500 or 350 while its trying to record a program
on the HD-3000 via QAM.. I get a lot of artifacts in the recording.
>> If i were to azap -r channel and watch a recording it goes from LOCKED unlocked LOCKED unlocked
LOCKED over and over and over. The CPU is only being used at about 30% during all of this. If I
just do azap -r channel without watching anything it is LOCKED all of the time.
>> Anybody have any ideas of how I can track this down and try to fix it? I'm lost with this one.
>> debian sarge
>> 2.6.14.4
>> ivtv 0.4.2 but these aren't even recording when it happens.
>> mythtv 0.18.1
>> sb live
>> nvidia ti4600 with nvidia
>> Thanks
>> -Mike
>

> Sounds like exactly the same problem as the one I'm having.  Just one question, does this happen
to your live tv from HD-3000 and recordings while watch other recordings from HD-3000?

> DS

Actually I havn't even tried that scenario yet. My guess is that it would cause the same problem
since everything else does but I can't be sure. I think I'm going to disable my parport, second
serial port and USB and see if I can't get them on seperate IRQ's. I think James is probably right
as to what creates this problem. But I think my problem exists when the HD3000 and the SB Live are
on the same IRQ because it only seems to happen when sound is being used.

More to come later.....

-Mike