[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Fri Jan 27 20:10:28 UTC 2006

>But, the global pre-/post-roll have a max of 10 minutes (600 seconds)*.
>Won't work for the OP's desired 30 minutes.

The GUI on my unmodified Gentoo + Myth 0.18.1-r2 allows it to go to
1800 seconds (30 minutes). But, yeah, that would require a lot of storage
in the long run. I like my 2 minute (4 minute total) extensions, and it comes
in handy very often.

Also, interesting that you say the purpose of this feature was to support
slow capture cards, or avoid the OSD display of the source. I would bet
most people had no clue about that, and simply like being able to
beat the DVR-unfriendly-networks that like to start and stop shows early.
In other words, if all capture cards become "fast" and the OSD problem
goes away, I hope developers don't remove this feature.