[mythtv-users] couldn't get color key color

roiz roiz at batteredshrimp.com
Fri Jan 27 17:38:22 UTC 2006

Hey folks

I am new to this list and Mythtv

So far so good on installation, however, I do have a question someone might
understand

My FC4 is setup with a nvidia 6200 , and I managed a very nice dual monitor
(simple 2 device) setup that seems to work sweet.

So far, to my suprise, mythtv has been smooth installing and not pushing my
limited skills in linux

NOW
The backend is bahaving well, the mysql is also, and permissions all seem to
be nice.

Everything plays ( except an ALSA issue ) fine.. on one monitor...

The other monitor ( a DVI that is input to projector ) plays the preview
fine but live OR recorded streaming is all green!

Now, Ive had these issues with nvidia before in windows, in that the dual
head solutions only handles a overlay in one side or the other but not
both.. the primary gets the "overlay"

This intrigues me because the frontend output says "Couldn't get color key
color " and something about I may not get vid playback...

Probably can fix this by just making display0 the projected display.. but am
curious why or if both monitors can handle overlay and video playback
devices.

any comments?

regards
- roiz