[mythtv-users] streaming to windows (directly through myth)

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:59:18 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/26/2006 09:16 PM, Devan Lippman wrote:
> > Sounds like you want to stream to windows "on the road."   The problem
> > with doing this is that most of us like to keep recordings in a
> > bitrate that does not play very well over say... a cable modem.
> > There's not very much bandwidth there and as of now myth does not do
> > on the fly transcoding.
> >

> That's what MythStreamTV does (technically, VLC does the on-the-fly
> transcoding for it, but...).
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/174503#174503
>
> Mike

Yes, but we're looking for a solution straight from myth.  I for one
think it would be fantastic to be able to  reconfigure streams and
have myth transcode them on the fly based on diferent frontend
profiles and then serve em up.  But I'd probably like to have RTSP
first :)  And I don't see myself starting either of those anytime
soon, so I'll keep waiting... :|

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>