[mythtv-users] convert a lvm xfs partition to jfs

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:51:37 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Thanks, Jarod.  I just converted my recordings partition to jfs.  Still
> > having problem playing live TV from HD-3000.  Recordings made from
> HD-3000
> > while watching other recordings are also unplayable.
> >
> > I didn't have this problem before I upgraded to 2.6.12 FC3
> kernel.  Before
> > that, I was using 2.6.11 FC3 kernel and compiled my own dvb driver.   I
> > suspect there's something wrong with the dvb driver in the 2.6.12+kernels.
> >

> 'Problems' is quite vague.  Maybe you didn't upgrade your nvidia
> drivers after the kernel upgrade, or the nvidia driver wasn't for the
> kernel that you upgraded to.  Maybe the cat chewed through the cable
> and you are getting intermittent problems receiving a signal ;)
>
> What kind of 'problems' are you seeing?

Nothing to do with nvidia driver, since good recordings can be played back
just fine.  Plus nvidia driver won't load unless recompiled after kernel
upgrade.

Others on the list are reporting similar problems and it is very repeatable.

1. Recordings made from HD-3000 while no disk readings are fine.
2. Recordings made from HD-3000 while other recordings being played back are
corrupted.
3. Live TV from HD-3000 is good for 2 second, which is the initial buffered
data, then become corrupted.
4. If the recording is watched while it is being recorded, the first part is
good, until it reachs the point at which the play back is started.
5. Recordings made from HD-3000 are good, even when PVR-500 is recording at
the same time.

So it really tied to recording from HD-3000 while the disk is being read.

DS