[mythtv-users] New to mythtv, need help

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 21:02:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 14:29 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Bill Baker wrote:
> > During setup, while I was following the instructions on wilsonet.com, I
> > was actually able to get the TV out to work.  But ever since I switched
> > the screen over to the TV, I can't get anything but a black screen.
> >

> Do you still have a monitor connected?  As I recall, Linux can only
> display Xv accelerated video on one head.  Perhaps it is displaying on
> the monitor screen and you don't realize it if you don't still have it
> hooked up.  I believe you can fix this by either removing the monitor
> configuration from your xorg.conf or swapping them so the TV-out is
> primary.  I don't run dual-headed so I'm not sure exactly how to do this.

Yeah, my monitor is still connected, but I have two xorg.conf files.
One is xorg.conf.pvr350 and one is xorg.conf.monitor and I just ln -s
xorg.conf to whichever one I want to use.

Also, I noticed that while "cat /dev/video0 >/dev/video16" does nothing,
I do get some TV output if I do "cat /dev/video0
>/video/recording/test_recording.mpg".  Then I can play it back with
mplayer.  I may just need to find which video device I need to be using.