[mythtv-users] Help Developing MythWeb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jan 25 19:15:39 UTC 2006

> I would like to start contributing to MythTV in some way.
> Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience in C ( and I don't think
> anybody wants me to gain any by hacking up the mythtv sources ).  I am
> primarily web, I use a lot of Java and php, which naturally means I
> should help with MythWeb.  Where do I start?  Are there any places where
> people post feature requests?

The two areas where I'm actively searching for help are:

  * MythWeb's music section needs to be completely rewritten
  * MythWeb's video section needs to be completely rewritten

(I don't really use either of these features of MythTV, so they've been
low on my priority list)

I'm also hoping that someone will send me an updated WAP theme for SVN
(hopefully before the .19 release).  Its usual maintainer is really busy
and hasn't told me if he'll be able to do it or not.

I'd also like to get MythStreamTV integrated into the official code now
that MythWeb has a semi-modular design, though I'll likely let its
current author work out those details.

And of course, much of MythWeb still needs to be rewritten to use
semantic markup with better CSS support, but I'll likely tackle that
myself after .19 is released.

-Chris