[mythtv-users] Sync rates for Sharp 32 inch LCD

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Wed Jan 25 10:10:05 UTC 2006

> Why wouldn't the VGA input support the full 1366x768 resolution?  Is that
> something specific that that TV or would that be the case for any VGA
> input?  The reason I ask is because I'm looking at a Samsung 40" LCD
> (which is also 1366x768) and was planning on using it's VGA input as I
> was under the assumption that that was the best route to go if the TV
> supports it.

I'm not 100% it doesn't - the manual does not mention that mode, and with
my EPIA I had quite some troubles getting it to run at the 1280x768
resolution (I think the VIA driver I'm using still relies on hard-wired
resolutions in the BIOS, they were working on full modeline support at the
time)

	Herman