[mythtv-users] Another yum bites the dust (was: Cannot update ivtv)

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 06:57:02 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:16:24PM -0500, David R Robison wrote:
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > Error: Missing Dependency: /lib/modules/v4l-cx2341x-init-mpeg.bin is
> > needed by package ivtv-kmdl-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
> >

> This is YAYB (yet another yum bug).
>
> yum install smart smart-gui
> smart update
> smart upgrade

Also simply try

>         smart --gui

Smart has a great depsolver, but the gui is rather limited. First of all,
unlike synaptic, it does not show  installed versions, so I'm looking at a
list of packages and versions and in an xterm on the side haveto do rpm -q
all the time. Second, unlike synaptic smart gui will list all available
versions of a package, not just the latest one. Sometimes it is useful, but
much more often it just slows things down: I have to read all versions and
see which is the latest, and I can't just select a range of packages from
the gui and click "install" because if there are two versions of the same
package, both will be selected and smart will report an error.

--

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com