[mythtv-users] DVB-T Still clueless

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:03:14 UTC 2006

> > Pick whichever one you want. I have picked Default as that way
> > recordings get transcoded by default. I haven't set up transcoding
> > against the High Quality profile so if there's something I want to
> > archive and keep I record in High Quality so it stays in its native
> > MPEG2 format.

> Are there not audio sync issues using the in built transcoder with DVB
> streams? Hence all the discussions around project X vs avi demux?

No. On the recordings themselves the audio and video sync perfectly
when transcoded natively by MythTV.

You're thinking of when you try to convert the recordings to another
format (eg using things like nuvexport) which can be archived to
CD/DVD. If you don't use Project-X in that process it seems that you
can get sync issues.