[mythtv-users] whats the best graphics card for HD playback?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 24 07:11:32 UTC 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 09:55, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> says:
>> GeForce 6200 here, DVI to DVI at 1080p, absolutely flawless.
>
> Which makes it all the more annoying that my eVVAG GeForce 6200TC
> can't do 1080p without that slight tearing issue I've previously
> written about. I've tried overclocking with the Collbits bit set,
> which doesn't seem to do much good. And yes, I'm using SGI OpenGL
> timing. I'll report on whether the used PCX 5300 I bought will take
> care of the issue.

Do you have 'sync to vblank' checked or unchecked in nvidia-settings?
ISTR seeing some tearing w/that set one way or the other...

My full .nvidia-settings-rc:

# Configuration file for nvidia-settings - the NVIDIA X Server
Settings utility
# Generated on Mon Sep  5 01:38:15 2005
#

# ConfigProperties: