[mythtv-users] Looking for high WAF in-wall speakers!! Update: Speakers ordered!

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:46:10 UTC 2006

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Thank you to Meatwad and others for the directional guidance.  I looked
> at the Sonance Quintette 522QR (45 Watt, 5-1/4 PolyP perpendicular
> woofer, 3/4" Cloth pivoting tweeter)
> <http://sonance.com/subs/products.php?category_id=74>.  After further
> consideration we decided to step it up a notch and go with 4 of the
> Sonance Symphony S622TR (125 watt, 6-1/2" PolyP pivoting woofer, 1" Silk
> pivoting tweeter) <http://sonance.com/subs/products.php?category_id=16>
> with the in-ceiling enclosures
> <http://sonance.com/subs/products.php?category_id=47> and 1 Boston
> Acoustics DSi495 (100 Watt 3 way 8", 3-1/2", 1")
> <http://bostonacoustics.com/home_product.aspx?category_id=30&product_id=280>
> for the center channel.  I didn't like the idea of perpendicular
> speakers in the ceiling.  I've read that angling the tweeters is most
> important for perception, but I figured if I can do better within budget...

Excellent choices. With the backboxes, you'll have very tight mid-bass
and can crossover the sub around 85 with great results. Minor
adjustments to the budget can usually give you a major step up in
quality. My recommendation for your budget was based on retail street
pricing. Just remember that internet sales nearly always invalidate the
manufacturer's warranty and the seller assumes that obligation. Speakers
have very low risk. Displays, receivers and source electronics are an
entirely different story.

Let us see the finished room when all the gear is hung.