[mythtv-users] Overture case and heat

Urban Nightmare urban at inetdesign.org
Mon Jan 23 18:52:58 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

I got this case
(http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15728) a while back
and I've been dealing with the heat ever since.  I should also mention
that mine is old enough that it didn't have the side fan by the HD's and
no holes on top above the CPU.  I'm running a Gigabyte MB (IDE/IDE
raid/SATA raid), dual ddr, dual bios) with a Athlon 2500+ and 512Megs
ram.  Also in the case is a 6 gig root ide,  250 Gig /var/video, and 120
gig /var/video/media.  I've replaced the back fan with one that has
twice the air movement.  I've drilled a few holes above the CPU fan but
I just can't seem to keep the heat below 80C with the top on when
watching and recording at the same time (two capture cards).

Just wondering if anyone else has this case and how do you keep this
thing cool.

Stephen