[mythtv-users] Cost of MythTV Machines

Tom Hines tomhines at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:02:02 UTC 2006

I assume the systems to which you are referring are HD capable and
"just work".  My motive for building my own box was that I wanted to
tinker with VIA min-itx mobos and it was just time for another DIY
project.  I forget what the price breakdown was, but I'm in it for
over $600 now.

VIA EPIA M10000 (provides networking, video out, sound)
Haupauge PVR-250
120 GB Hard Drive
DVD+RW (which I never use)
Cheap noname micro-atx desktop case
Quiet replacement fan for the power supply
Wireless keyboard and mouse
KnoppMyth

I had fun building it, but I'm not sure if I will rebuild when I go
for high def.  I'm not too happy with MythTV and might give Tivo a
try.

Tom