[mythtv-users] Mounting DVDs via NFS problem

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Jan 23 13:24:48 UTC 2006

Oookay....

I ejected the DVD, tried a normal CD and it didn't work, changed "auto"
to "iso9660" in the fstab, and it mounted, and tried mounting it
remotely, it worked fine.

So ejected that, inserted the same DVD back in, mounted it, and mounted
remotely and it works.

Yes.

Argh!

Thanks *so* much for your help, it has been great!

It now mounts, but seem unable to play DVDs over the network, I keep
getting:

Jan 23 13:23:33 localhost kernel: hdc: command error: status=0x51 {
DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Jan 23 13:23:33 localhost kernel: hdc: command error: error=0x54 {
AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
Jan 23 13:23:33 localhost kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Jan 23 13:23:33 localhost kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev hdc,
sector 3834776

Bah.  I hope I don't have a faulty DVD writer....

Cheers - Piers