[mythtv-users] Cost of MythTV Machines

Bean bean at tafkab.org
Mon Jan 23 13:09:28 UTC 2006

Well I did a build from scratch in July last year and happened to still have my online bill as below:

Aria Aluminium Media PC Case @ 56.99 +VAT
Caviar 200GB 8Mb Cache 7200RPM HDD OEM @ 52.99 +VAT
WinTV Nova-T PCI Digital Free-to-air TV Card @ 51.46 +VAT
Sempron 2800 2.0Ghz Socket A 256KB 333Mhz OEM @ 40.95 +VAT
KM4M-V SocketA Graphics Audio LAN MAXT Motherboard @ 24.55 +VAT
128MB Radeon 9200SE DDR TV Out DVI AGP @ 22.72 +VAT
512Mb PC2700 184pin DDR DIMM Memory @ 21.50 +VAT

The only thing I reused was a DVD-RW drive, so even allowing for that a total brand new cost would have been about £ 375.00 or around $ 650 USD.