[mythtv-users] poor audio and video

Thomas Baker thomas.baker at villanova.edu
Mon Jan 23 00:22:11 UTC 2006

Sorry, I forgot to include some important info.

Capture Card: Hauppauge WinTV Radio 401
Sound Card: Creative Labs SB Live!
Video Card: PNY GeForce 6200

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas Baker wrote:

>>I have two problems that may or may not be related, one with poor audio
>>and another with poor video.  I'm using Fedroa Core 4 64-bit and
>>everything runs beautifully in TvTime, however, when I play "live" tv in
>>MythTv, the audio only plays out of one speaker and the quality of the
>>sound is sub-par.  By this I mean there is a little bit of static and
>>frequent "pops".  I have played around a lot with alsamixer with the
>>levels, and to get this question out of the way, yes my line in is muted
>>and set as the capture.  I have set the volumes on "Master" and "PCM" to
>>around 75% to assure teh audio is not peaking out.  "Capture" is set to
>>0% (not mutable) because there is even more static and overall "tinny"
>>quallity when it is raised (still one speaker only).  "Wave" is turned
>>up as well as the "AC97 Capture" is turned up (not sure why these in
>>particular, but with experimentation, I don't get any of the recorded
>>audio without them).  As for the video, the overall picture quality is
>>poor.  excluding the brightness, contrast, colour and hue, the picutre
>>has a lot of thin horizontal lines in it.  It seems like once MythTV
>>takes in the captured media, it just butchers the quality.  These right
>>now are my two biggest problems and would appreciate any help I can get
>>with this.

If you want anyone to attempt to answer your question, telling them what
capture card and audio card you're using would make it much easier.

Mike