[mythtv-users] ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0 OVERFLOW #xxx: Stealing a Buffer

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Sun Jan 22 22:38:39 UTC 2006

Hi

a couple of times now, my mythtv box (combined back/frontend) has
locked up. I'm running FC4 as per Jarods guide. The hard drive
activity starts going crazy, and the box stops responding to any
input. This happened this evening, and 2 recordings stopped at 21:46.
I rebooted the box and checked var/log/messages, and at 21:46, the
message "ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0 OVERFLOW #xxx: Stealing a Buffer"
started appearing over and over.

Given the time this started, I'm guessing it's related. Any idea what
could have caused this, and how to stop it happening again.

Thanks