[mythtv-users] After "long" livetv pause, then rewind, mythfrontend becomes unstable

Simon Lundell simon.lundell at his.se
Sun Jan 22 18:55:26 UTC 2006

>Anybody else seen this, or got any clues?

I have experienced the same thing. After a long pause the screen went
black. The program was still in the ringbuffer, and was watchable from
mplayer. If only I have had backed it up before entering live-tv again...

>I'm fairly new to MythTV, but have decent linux skills and am willing to
>try to track this problem down if I can get a little guidance on how to
>best collect data, generate some hypotheses, and test them.

I am not that familiar with the inner workings of mythtv, so I might not
be the best person to ask.
Have you experimented with different ringbuffer sizes?

>Thanks in advance for any help.  This problem has certainly raised some
>"uncomfortableness" in the household, and has people feeling the need to
>reach for video tape when something crucial needs to be recorded!

I also felt a quite negative atmosphere right after the apperence of
this bug...

//Simon