[mythtv-users] Blown out audio during recording but not during Live TV

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 22 03:04:12 UTC 2006

More than 50% of the time, when I record a show on my first encoder, the
audio sounds blown out.  Sort of like the audio from the set top box was
turned up but the PVR150 card recorded it at normal.  Its not loud, but you
can tell it was somewhere in the chain.  The part that I can't figure out is
that Live TV always sounds fine, never a problem.  But when recording, the
recordings are bad.  I've played the recordings back on multiple front ends
and they all sound the same, so I think the problem is in the recored file.
Also, this is before any transcoding because I can watch a file while its
recording and it is already bad.

I have a 350 and a 150 in the same backend running ivtv-0.4.2 but I don't
think it's a hardware problem since Live TV always sounds fine.  I'm just
wondering if there's something in the path between the driver and the
recorded file that could be blowing out the audio while recording?  I would
think that it would go straight from the driver to the file but something
seems to be wrong somewhere.

Thanks for any help.