[mythtv-users] 2.6.15 and nvidia cards

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jan 22 01:00:37 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 07:52:59PM -0500, Michael Haan wrote:
> > > nvidia has both 32 and 64 bit installers. If you are running in 32 bit
> > > mode (why?) then use the 32 bit installer.

> > > If you really want to test 2.6.15 you can use FC5 test 2 for which
> > > ATrpms has nvidia support.

> > Axel, I'd love to go with FC5 in 64 bit mode.  Where can I get it, and do
> > I just follow Jarod's guide?

More or less. The isos are available from

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/4.91/

or a mirror. Then use Jarod's guide and replace fc4 -> fc5. See also

http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-devel/2006-January/000953.html

> There's not, except that 64-bit support has... disappointed me in the past.

The nice thing about the x86_64 versions of FC is that they support 32
bit legacy mode, so you can always use your favourite 32 bit
apps. E.g. some time back mythtv was offered as 32 bit rpms, until
Jarod fixed some 64 bit issues (now all seems to work fine on 64
bits).

You'll have headaches with flash plugins of course.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net