[mythtv-users] Freeze!

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 22 00:00:23 UTC 2006

Desperately looking for debugging tips!  How would you go about tracking
down this problem (see attached)?

I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.15, and upgraded ivtv to 0.4.2.

I'm not really sure where the likely culprits are for this problem.  I'm
not sure what facilities, libraries, or external technologies come into
play in this scenario.

I'm sure there must be some wisdom on this list concerning how to go
about isolating the problem.

Please take pity on this relative newbie who's spent countless hours
getting MythTV up and running, only to be haunted by this intermittent
freeze!  If you've got ideas, I'd love to hear them.  I'm usually good
at taking general ideas and running with them, so even if it's just a
hint, don't feel like it's necessary to write up the details, please
just post it!

Thanks!
john

The problem in a nutshell: if I pause livetv for a while, then rewind,
the frontend freezes.  Sometimes it comes back, sometimes not.  So far,
very few clues in the log files (see below).