[mythtv-users] Missing .nuv files?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 20:36:49 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Michael Still wrote:
>
> >Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >
> >>What error message do you get when you try to delete?  SVN should allow
> >>you to delete a recording even without the original file.
> >>

> >I'm not at home at the moment, so I don't have the exact message, but
> >given that...
> >
> >The message happens when I hit right arrow on an episode entry to get to
> >the menu with delete and job options and so forth. That menu doesn't
> >appear and I get a "the file is missing" error message instead.
> >
> >I can write it up more exactly when I get home tonight if you would like.
> >

> So, what happens if you go into the "Delete Recordings" screen instead
> of the "Watch Recordings" screen?  Can you delete it from there?
>
> Mike

I remember hearing about this feature, but I was recently in the same
boat.  And with a relatively recent SVN (within a week of today), I
couldn't delete them.  It would allow me to, and they would disappear
temporarily, but within 3-5 seconds, they'd just re-appear.  I did the
"touch 1041_....nuv" to get me to a point where I could delete them.

HTH

Chad