[mythtv-users] Mac 7200

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Sat Jan 21 17:11:43 UTC 2006

Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On 1/21/06, *Joseph A. Caputo* <jcaputo1 at comcast.net
> <mailto:jcaputo1 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>     Maybe not even.  IIRC, those older Macs (a) had built-in Ethernet, but
>     need a proprietary AAUI -> RJ45 adapter/transceiver, and (b) it's only
>     10baseT not 10/100.  So only slightly faster (realistically) than
>     802.11b.
>
>     Try http://www.lowendmac.com/  for info & ideas.
>

> The 7200 has a 10BaseT RJ45 connector as well as the AAUI connector.
> Still not fast, but you can easily pop in a PCI 100BaseTX card.  If
> you run something other than MacOS, you probably can use any cheap
> card you might have around.
It does have SCSI but only the 50 pin version.  It also has a RJ45
network but like the posts say its only 10BaseT.  Whats funny is it has
svideo/audio in and audio out.  I've never been able to find an app in
Mac to get these to work but I was hoping to use them with a myth box.
Like I say if there is anyone in the Calgary region that wants a old
7200/120 I think I can part with it no questions/money needed.

Stephen