[mythtv-users] mythbackend not starting on slave (FOUND WHY!)

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:36:54 UTC 2006

Ok... So I run updatedb and "locate mysql.txt"  Found one in
/.mythtv/mysql.txt.  I'm not sure why the file was there and why it
was set to localhost.  So I've changed that param and it started
working!  PREFIX at atrpms set to "/" ?  I tried to use the MYTHTVDIR
env but it doesn't seems to work.

So, for the debug message I was trying to get, it's there... just
embedded in some code that will never really run.

    if (QDir(m_installprefix).isRelative())
        VERBOSE(VB_ALL, QString("Using runtime prefix = %1")
                                .arg(m_installprefix));

Maybe it would be worthwhile to move to the after the "if" when debug
is enabled.
Maybe an extra VB_ALL message should be put in
MythContextPrivate::LoadDatabaseSettings.

Anyway, I found it, I'm happy now.  Now does WOL work on my machine...

Steve M.