[mythtv-users] Bitrate oddity

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 03:40:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:29:36PM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Er, care to be a bit more specific?  I'm guessing you're saying that
> there's something wrong with free-java-sdk, but it's pretty unhelpful
> to have no idea why you say that.  Is it only that ProjectX is known
> not to compile there, or that it's a bad compiler in general, or what?
>
> My other choices include, e.g., j2sdk1.4, which is Blackdown, and
> requires accepting Sun's EULA.  Got anything to say about using that
> one?  Or any recommendations about what -else- to try?

I can't speak to the specifics of Ubuntu or ProjectX, but I know that on
most Linux distributions any JDK/JRE that's labeled "free" is gcj or
kaffe or some such. I have seen very few nontrivial applications work
correctly with any of those. My first choice would be the IBM JRE,
second would be the Sun JRE (from java.sun.com, not the Blackdown
version).

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/

http://java.sun.com/

--