[mythtv-users] mythvideo

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Fri Jan 20 14:35:48 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I've got the following systems:

a MythTV backend without a frontend
a few MythTV frontends
a server containing some files and several non MythTV videos.

Currently, if I want to watch the movies on the frontends, I usually
mount the server's hard drive via NFS and use something like mplayer to
watch it.  What would be much better would be that I mount the server's
hard drive on the backend directly and leave it like that, and access
the videos on all frontends via MythTV without mounting the videos- is
that possible using something like MythVideo or am I dreaming?

Or is it best just to mount the server drive automatically on bootup on
all frontends and point MythVideo at that?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers