[mythtv-users] ProjectGrayhem-wide theme version 1.2

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:52:06 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Screenshots!
>
> Excellent.
>
> A lot of those pictures depict things on my 'to-do' list.  There are
> obviously some screens I've not got round to widening yet.

Cool.

<snip>

> > On the Watch/Delete screens, the fonts at the top seem fine, but the
> > show description font seems too small.  Also, the "box" for the show
> > description does not allow the description to use all of the screen
> > real estate, and actually cuts off some letters.
> >

> I think that the issues you're seeing where things are too small are
> caused by me not paying attention to the 'small' font preference
> during testing.

True.  Of course changing the font preference to 'default' aggravates
the problem with the date format "MM/DD DoW" fitting.

<snip>
> > If the "cursor" is in the left column of the "Watch Recordings"
> > screen, the graphics seem to be cutoff.  This screen shot also shows
> > that there is still not quite enough room if the Short Date is set to
> > "MM/DD DoW" format:
> >

> I don't know what's gone wrong there.  What GUI size are you using?  I
> can provide a screenshot where it all fits perfectly.  As for the date
> still being cut off... I have to make a decision... cut off long
> program names or fit all the date info.  Both are displayed when a
> recording is highlighted, so I think I'll make the date fit instead.
> Bear in mind that long show names will be truncated because of this.

If you are talking about the "Graphics", I think it has to do with the
"Show group summary" setting.  I have that turned on.  It is under the
"Playback" menu.

For the date not fitting, I personally would rather have the date fit,
and have to actually move the cursor to the show to see the whole
title.  Note that the date also does not fit in the bottom
(description) area of the screen, if the "default" font size is used.

The scissors icon also overlaps the date, a bit.

<snip>

> > Finally, AVIA claims that I have less than 5% overscan.  Even with
> > that little, the Watch Recording screen barely fits -- I can only see
> > half of the up/down arrows.
>
> This will require you to adjust the GUI size in 'appearance' setup.
> Either that or I'll need to rework all the theme to take into account
> 5% overscan, which in turn will waste space on screens that don't
> overscan.

Hmmm.  How many people use Myth on a monitor as apposed to a TV?  I
personally think you should assume that TV viewing is the "norm", and
the theme should allow for a 5% overscan.

<snip>
> In fact, thanks to all the 'testers' out there who've taken the time
> to point things out to me.. it's really helping.  Keep it up :-)

It is quickly turning into a very nice, polished theme.  Nice work.

John