[mythtv-users] Things I did in FC4 to make some items work

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 02:42:28 UTC 2006

Here's some hints that I did to make some things work
properly in myth.  This is with fc4 and kernel 2.14.
They may be wrong as my linux exp is very limited, but
they seemed to work for me.

Getting mythnotify to work.
I followed the howto and still was unable to make
caller id work at boot up.  I found that i had to add
mythtv to the uucp group so that my login had
permissions to read and right to the dev.  Chown and
chmod do not work after a reboot with the newer
version of fc4

Getting realtime priority to work.
Pam has changed since the documentation I read.
Mainly the rtpriority entry has been shortened to
rtprio.  However, this still did not work so I added:
@mythtv          -       rtprio          50
@mythtv          -       nice            0
Into /etc/security/limits.conf
That worked right away.  I tried adding my user
account to the audio group, but I was uncertain what
that was.

Getting the automatic playing of cd's and dvd's to
work.
Unfortunately, Jarod's website is a little outdated.
I was able to figure out how to get this to work.
Leave the iso9660 entry and replace the very last
entry called 'managed' with 'user' minus the quotes.
All my cd's and dvd's autoplay perfect!

Getting lcdproc to work.
I believe that this is also a permission problem.  You
need to add uucp again to the mythtv user group.

Hope this helps some people.