[mythtv-users] Looking for high WAF in-wall speakers!!

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:40:10 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 19:27, Meatwad wrote:
> All right. I was a little strong when I called their in-walls 'awful'
> earlier but then I've had the benefit of routinely listening to a very
> wide selection of loudspeakers for over thirty years. From the classic
> Advents to the esoteric Magneplanars to a HeathKit DIY AM radio.

My first stereo was a Heathkit... granted it was one my uncle built...
then he grew up and got a pair of real electrostat's (not those wanna-be
magnaplanars) and connected them to a pair of monoblocks he modified to be
able to push the down-to-1ohm electrostats.

the first time I heard them was the first time I heard "Jazz at the Pawn
Shop", on the DAC he designed, up to then I never knew CD's could sound that
good.

<snip>
> Here's the kicker: That 2" driver inside the cubes is made in China. It
> costs Bose less than 1 US dollar to purchase. It is nearly identical to
> the speaker that was in my HeathKit AM radio from the mid '70s. If the
> Acoustimass systems were sold at the same cost as the Theatre In A Box
> speakers, I wouldn't be so venemous. But they aren't. They are selling
> into MY entry level market price point only with Home Theatre In A Box
> quality. And that affects my ability to educate my customers about wise
> purchase decisions.

where do you work and can you get me a deal on the Anthem AVM30 or Parasound
Halo C2? ;-)

--
Steve