[mythtv-users] Entering USA Cable channels into the DVB tables

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 00:36:39 UTC 2006

Len Reed wrote:

>Brad Fuller wrote:

>>> In my setup, the freqid is the same as the channum, that is, the number
>>> in the EPG which you 'call' for the channel you want.
>>>

>>How do you do that when you can have the same freqid for a channel with
>>several subchannels.
>>For instance, in my area channel 11 is freqid 207000000 and it has to
>>subchannels.
>>atscsrcid 1 and 2 (for 11-1 and 11-2)
>>
>>Plus, the freqid is really big. Do you just truncate it to 207?
>>

>Don't confuse freqid with frequency.
>
>Mine's all working now (see other detailed posting).
>
>The channel table has freqid set to the cable channel my provider and
>zap2it schedules use.  For example, Fox digital (WAGADT) is chanid 3785,
>channum 785, and freqid 785.  I don't think the freqid maters, though,
>for digital channels.  (For analog channels, freqid are standard
>broadcast or cable channel numbers.) For WAGADT, mplexid is 4 and the
>serviceid is 2.  The atscsrcid is 0 on all my digital channels.

Hmmm.
In my channel table "freqid" is the same as "frequency" in the
dtv_multiplex table, which is what I was referring to.

For instance, Fox Digital (KTVUHD) freqid is 725000000.

To reflect what you have above, Fox Digital:
chanid:  2028
channum: 2-1 (this is a number I gave it)
freqid:  725000000
mplexid: 19

atscsrcid on my digital channels are all different.
Examples:
name    channum   mplexid   serviceid   atscsrcid
KTVUHD    2-1     19        3            1
KTVU-DT   2-2     19        4            2
KBWB-HD  20-1     2         3            1
KBWB-SD  20-2     2         4            2

I have 5 KQED (PBS) OTA HD channels. Their atscsrcid's are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Their mplexid's are all the same, as is their frequency 569000000
Their serviceid's are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 respectfully.

>Over in the dtv_multiplex table, the first column is the mplexid.  The
>one with '4' as mplexid has the right frequency (669000000).

As I mentioned, that frequency value is the same as my freqid in the
channel table.

I bet this is because I'm OTA.