[mythtv-users] Audio buffer overflow while watching NBCHD

Curtis Preston cpreston at glasshouse.com
Thu Jan 19 00:18:49 UTC 2006

I've finally got my HD-3000 setup with KnoppMyth RA531, which using Myth
18.1.  (I'm using the onboard audio from an Epox 8KDA motherboard.)

Most channels watch/record fine.  However, when I try to watch/record
NBCHD, I get no audio, and lots of messages from mythfrontend that say
"Audio Buffer Overflow."  I've searched on this message, and the
messages that I saw tended to go all over the place.

Where do I start with troubleshooting this problem?  Would turning on
"aggressive sound buffering" help?