[mythtv-users] New Install - Hang on entering live tv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 18 23:12:14 UTC 2006

Bob wrote:

>Thanks Steve for the words of encouragement. I would not be surprised if
>that was the case. I will continue to check and recheck.
>
>The strange part to me is that mplayer by itself works fine. Is there any
>way to make Myth log more (like maybe the exact command line that it uses to
>start live TV).

This seems to imply a misunderstanding of how LiveTV functions.  LiveTV
does *not* use MPlayer.  Myth starts LiveTV by making calls to functions
inside Myth code which play back the LiveTV using Myth code (i.e. not by
starting a separate program with a "command line").

Hope this helps--I haven't been following the thread.  If not, ignore me.

Mike