[mythtv-users] DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite vs HD3000

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 20:03:44 UTC 2006

Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> says:
> echo "You have a 4kstacks-enabled kernel, and using XFS, especially
> in conjunction with software RAID and/or LVM, is likely to lead to
> stack overflows, which cause your machine to do Bad Things."

As I've recently written here, I saw the exact same stack overflow
errors with Fedora Core 3 and various 2.6.x kernels when using JFS,
not XFS, with LVM2 and software RAID. Recompiling the kernel to turn
off 4k stacks (and thus go back to the old 8k behavior) indeed fixed
this issue. Those interested should see the relevant
bugzilla.redhat.com entry.