[mythtv-users] Mythweb schedule recordings - possible to add a new type "weekday"?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 18 20:02:45 UTC 2006

On 01/17/06 14:29, Nick wrote:

>On 16/01/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>

>>>I'm trying to record old Simpsons reruns off of Fox Monday - Friday, but
>>>there doesn't appear to be an option for this type of recording...
>>>

>>Why not record them on weekends, too?
>>

>AIUI this relates to the difference between scheduling an 'every day'
>recording on a weekday (Mon - Fri) or at the weekend (Sat - Sun) and
>the differing scheduler behaviour.

Doesn't this apply only to manual recordings?  On regular recordings,
Myth has guide data to know whether the same show is broadcast on
weekends/weekdays.  So--unless the OP is using manual recordings
(something he should have told us)-- he should just say to record every
day and Myth will know whether the Simpsons are on Saturday and Sunday.

Also, it makes no difference whether you schedule the "in this timeslot
every day" manual recording "on a weekday" or not--it's whether you set
the "Date or day of the week:" to Saturday or Sunday.  Therefore, on
Tuesday I can schedule the recording, while setting the day of the week
to Saturday to get 7 day/week manual recordings.  (I'm sure this is what
you mean, but it's not what you're saying.  :)

Mike