[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: receiver input buzzing/humming

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jan 18 07:59:00 UTC 2006

    > Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:20:40 -0600
    > From: Meatwad <meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com>

All excellent points!  Only one question:

    > - If same circuit is not possible, try moving all HT equipment to
    > circuits fed from the same side of the panel if you have 120Vac mains.

Are you trying to say, "put everything on the same phase if you have
two-phase service"?  If not, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
If so, then that isn't necessarily how to do it, since most residential
two-phase panels actually have alternating phase going -down- the box,
e.g., if you have two rows of breakers, the phases are most likely to be:

        A       A
        B       B
        A       A
        B       B

...etc all the way down; it's done this way so you can put in
a two-phase breaker for things like electric stoves & dryers.
(If you have any of these, they're instantly obvious because
they're actually two breakers (typically 30A) tied together
mechanically so that if one trips, both trip.)

Anyway, let's hope the original poster writes back and says
he's found the problem, whatever it was...