[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 18 04:25:59 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 17:55, Matt Hannan wrote:
> >> A question for Jarod:
> >> Should I be able to just compile MythTV myself like we used to do back
> >> in the olden days? Or, because this is ppc hardware, am I just going to
> >> want to kill myself before I get it to work right?
> >>
> >> It is lonely out here in the world alone!
> >
> > You should be able to compile everything now. Those packages were built
> > by compiling on a G4 running FC4. :)
>
> Can you quantify "now"? Is this different than two weeks ago?

Now as in now, but no different than two weeks ago. Everything compiled for me
just fine. Of course, everything compiling is different from everything
actually fully working like it should, and I haven't had time to actually
test out everything...

> And it seems you were on vacation.

Nope, just insanely busy with work and family, while also trying to write a
few chapters of a book (though I did take a 4-day semi-vacation too, which
may have some interesting side-effects in the near- to mid-term...). Another
hefty cluster slated to finally go into production use tomorrow, then things
should be at least somewhat calm for about a month...

> Some intrepid person seems to have found the MythMusic/PPC Endian
> problem and has submitted a bug fix to the Dev folks.
> Myth (in Linux) on Mac could be a reality very soon.

I'll have to take a look at that. Got a thread ref there? I'm about 650 unread
messages behind on the devel list right now, and quick searches through that
mailbox for both 'mythmusic' or 'endian' aren't turning up anything...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com