[mythtv-users] PVR-500: problems with sound

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jan 17 21:54:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 21:32 +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 17:03, Allan Wilson wrote:
> > I am experiencing a problem similar to yours with a PVR-500 that I loose
> > sound on one of the tuners when I come backup on after I do a reboot

I've got the same problem, and I always have to execute an "ivtvctl -q"
command to recover it. It gets associated with the wrong audio input. I
still have ivtv-0.3.7a, and my understanding is that this particular
problem is fixed in later versions of the driver, but I haven't had time
to try upgrading yet. It hurts the WAF though when her favorite sci-fi
shows are missed due to lack of sound in the recording )-: so I will
probably get around to upgrading eventually.

I used to have a command "ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 1" in my rc.local
script, and for a while that worked, but now every time the system is
rebooted, one of the tuners comes up without sound, and I have to poke
around with ivtvctl commands manually to restore it.

--Greg