[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & 500 in same box, sound issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 17 21:54:33 UTC 2006

On 01/16/06 21:28, Intense Red wrote:

>   On a semi-related note, MythTV seems to grab whichever one of the 3 tuners
>it wants to record things.  What I'd like to do is to "reserve" the PVR-350
>for live TV, and to have Myth do recordings only off from the 2 PVR-500's
>tuners.  Is this possible?

No.  Why would you want to do this, anyway?  That's like telling the
Linux kernel not to use your RAM to cache hard drive reads...  If you
have the hardware, you should make it available for use.  If your
machine happens to be recording three things, and you really need to
watch LiveTV (although, I really don't see why anyone would ever watch
LiveTV), you can always stop a recording.

Note, also, that there's no difference between recording with the
PVR-350's encoder/playing back on the PVR-350's decoder and recording
with a PVR-500 encoder/playing back on the PVR-350's decoder.  (In other
words, neither way is more efficient than the other.)

Mike