[mythtv-users] LIRC Problem

Luke lukes790 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:56:12 UTC 2006

On 17/01/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/01/06, Luke <lukes790 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is the output:
> >
> > [root at media downloads]# /sbin/lsmod | grep lirc
> > lirc_dev               12452  0
>
> [Please dont top-post. In GMail, don't start typing at the top]
>
> This shows that all of the LIRC modules are not loaded. If using a
> serial port receiver, try
>
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
>
> If using the Hauppauge i2c driver try
>
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
>
> and check your lsmod, log and /dev directory info again. You _should_
> get the extra device(s) created that LIRC needs to work.
>
> Nick

This is a bttv card with an onboard remote control port and hence requires
the lirc_gpio module. The output of modprobe then is:

[root at media downloads]# /sbin/modprobe lirc_gpio
FATAL: Module lirc_gpio not found.

Just in case, I have tried the lirc_i2c as well and here is the output:

[root at media downloads]# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
FATAL: Module lirc_i2c not found.