[mythtv-users] mtd with transcode

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 17 12:02:10 UTC 2006

I'm stumped.

Is there a list of dependencies I need to install in order to get DVD
Playback support in svn? also, is this the same set of packages
needed to build mtd with transcode support? I've installed just about
everything I can think of, but still no joy.

I checked the how to and THOUGHT I installed everything needed, but
clearly this is not the case.

[mythtv at mythtv mythtv]$ ./configure
# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86 (model name        : Pentium III (Coppermine))
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
Vector Builtins  yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     no
XvMC VLD support no
XvMC pro support no
XvMC libs
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
DVD playback     no
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

Plugins look like this:

[mythtv at mythtv mythplugins]$ ./configure
which: no sdl-config in (/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/
bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mythtv/bin)

Configuration settings:
         MythBrowser   plugin will be built
         MythControls  plugin will be built
         MythFlix      plugin will be built
         MythDVD       plugin will be built
         MythGallery   plugin will be built
         MythGame      plugin will be built
         MythMusic     plugin will be built
         MythNews      plugin will be built
         MythPhone     plugin will be built
         MythVideo     plugin will be built
         MythWeather   plugin will be built
         Transcode     support will not be included in MythDVD
         VCD           support will not be included in MythDVD
         OpenGL        support will be included in MythGallery
         EXIF          support will not be included in MythGallery
         OpenGL        support will be included in MythMusic
         FFTW          support will not be included in MythMusic
         SDL           support will not be included in MythMusic
         AAC           support will not be included in MythMusic
         FESTIVAL      support will not be included in MythPhone