[mythtv-users] DBOX2

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 11:20:23 UTC 2006

I've managed to find a bit of info about mythtv and the dbox2 but I was just
wondering if anyone has a summary of how the dbox integrates with mythtv and
general funcationality comparisions with a PC running mythfrontend and an
MVP box?

I'm considering getting one but would like to know a bit more first.

My main desire is to be able to record Sky One (and some other cable
channels) to a central mythtv server (already set up and working) and be
able to watch the recording back in multiple rooms (got an MVP box in the
bedroom already).

I'm not keen on messing around with our existing cable boxes, encoding
analogue signals and IR channel changers - I'd like to leave those boxes
alone and have the mythtv stuff as a separate entity.

Ideally would like to be able to use the full mythfrontend software
functionality for scheduling and recording of programs.

Not too fussed about watching live TV through these devices - mostly just
need sources for recording of programs.

Mike
--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*