[mythtv-users] MVPMC

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:06:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:43:33AM +0000, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> You can check the error rates using tzap.  I get just less than 0x1000
> per second on five normally (which is the channel I use to see how
> well my aerial is working!)  If you are getting more than that then
> you've got a problem.

I'll give a go and see what I get. Signal quality should be good though -
new aerial, proper signal distribution system etc. Winter Hill is a fair
distance away though.

> I have a different channel dependent problem... I can use the skip
> buttons to skip through C4, "five" programs and it works perfectly.
> However if I skip through BBC1/2 channels more than a few times then
> mvpmc locks up.

I don't have channel specific issues (that I've noticed) but skipping
forward sometimes (twice so far) reboots the MVP box. Skipping back put the
audio out of sync, as does fast forward. Rewind doesn't work at all (well it
jerks a bit).

> I have to say I've never tried the Mythtv protocol - I went straight
> to NFS with -r because I'm still running a much older version of
> MythTV (it ain't broke etc ;-)
>
> With -r, when I press OK I see a bar with time and progress through
> the program, recording time, program details etc.  It doesn't come up
> unless I press OK though (not while fast forwarding).

Not sure I've tried pressing OK yet :-) Something new to try tonight...

> BTW I'm using the latest nightly build from
> ftp://buoy.com/pub/mvpmc/www.lison.com/mvpmc/ rather than the last
> release.

I'm using a self-compiled CVS from sourceforge as of last week. Those
nightly builds look useful though.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*