[mythtv-users] PVR 250

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 08:50:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:09:00AM +0000, Nick wrote:
> On 16/01/06, Mike Richardson <doctor at mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I have a Hauppauge PVR 250 card which I can tune using ptune.pl (I have
> > generated a list of channel numbers/frequencies which correspond to local TV
> > channel) but I don't know how to get Mythtv to change channels. Currently
> > all I get is static and no channel change when I try. As far as I can tell
> > mythtv doesn't know anything about the configuration specifics of the card.
> >
> > Is there a channel config file or database entry which should be populated?
>
> The 'channel' table in the database - for tuner based channels, there
> is a field called 'freqid' which should contain the "channel number"
> i.e. between 21-69 in the UK. This is the tuning information that
> MythTV uses internally to tune the PVR card to a channel.

Currently I have the channel table populated with 32 channels as generated
from a scan of the DVB card. Is there a way to get mythtv to update this
table with the freqids for the PVR-250 card or should I just update the
table manually with the correct channel numbers?

I'm keen to try to do as much as possible 'by the book', despite having
spent a fair amount of time hacking around with the database out of
curiosity.

Thanks again.

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*