[mythtv-users] Entering USA Cable channels into the DVB tables

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Tue Jan 17 00:21:48 UTC 2006

Thanks, Michael.

I'm not sure what you mean by my having PSIP data, though.  The channel
line I quoted was one I cobbled together using the dvb utilities.  I
started with a list of the cable frequencies and ran azap.  Taking the
frequencies it found, I then ran it and dvbtraffic to snoop things.
That gave me the PIDs.  I plugged those back into my channel file and
finally was able to run "azap -r" and cat combined video+audio from the
device, and play that back with mplayer.  Oh, I changed the first column
to "CBS" using "vi". :)

CBS:669000000:QAM_256:2176:2177:1

Any way, I never was able to get mythbackend to record DVB using 0.18.2.
  Today I ungraded to the latest SVN.  myth-setup's channel scanner then
found my channels, calling them things like "99#1".  I still have to use
a bit of mysql to clean that up and tie the channels to zap2it
schedules, but that I know to be straightforward.

Cheers,
Len