[mythtv-users] Mythweb shuts down my machine

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 16 21:45:49 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Petersen" <lists at forevermore.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythweb shuts down my machine

>> One possible way to prevent Mythweb from triggering the backend to shutdown the
>> machine is to change 'ANN Playback ' to 'ANN Monitor ' in mythbackend.php.

>Except that I believe "playback" is required for doing stuff like
>grabbing thumbnails (or eventually, streaming recordings themselves).

>-Chris

'Monitor' and 'Playback' connections are the same the only difference is 'monitor'
connections don't block shutdown or trigger the flag in the backend that starts the
checking for no active connections. I believe everything should work the same with
both 'Monitor' or 'Playback' connection types. The only difference is Mythweb won't
affect the shutdown status in the backend in any way. Streaming recordings may need
a different approach not sure how that works.

Paul H.